How SeKON Continues to Support the CDC
The COVID-19 response is felt across all CDC programs. Our teams at CDC continue to rise to the challenge. Here are a few accomplishments and accolades received-
COVID-19 Web Support Team – We receive countless requests, asking for huge efforts in very short turn times (sometimes two hours). Can we do it? YES, WE CAN! Our team has received many accolades from CDC’s COVID task force members who did not think their request was possible, but we made it happen, ON TIME and exceeding their expectations! Our SeKON team is working extended hours, nights, weekends, whatever it takes to share the latest COVID-19 news and guidance. Recent major efforts include producing pages for the three COVID vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson), as well as providing guidance for schools, for COVID testing, and for healthcare workers. We are updating our technology to automatically refresh data on the site, and we continue to develop data visualizations. Check out the main COVID resource in the US, and send a shout-out to your SeKON colleagues who are making it happen: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Support for Division of HIV/AIDS (DHAP) Team – CDC is still moving at lightning speed on the “Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) Campaign.” Multiple projects are making strides in support of this effort including:
- A new release for the Community Based Assistance Tracking System (CTS) that changed the structure of the application. Many training sessions were conducted with the grantees. SeKON’s customer provided our COR with huge praise and appreciation for the successful release.
- The Prevention Research Synthesis Web (PRS-Web) application had another successful major release. This team won the 2020 FedHealthIT Innovation award and continues to raise the bar. The PRS Project is being featured in an internal CDC symposium as well as the customer’s newsletter. A paper on the PRS project is being published in medical journals in the coming months.
- Positive Health Check application is being featured in a publication with SeKON’s Siva Rangarajan as a co-author.
- The Integrated Application Program (IAP) is starting a redesign to incorporate new business processes, integrate financial data from contracts systems, and have it ready for the new fiscal year this fall!
- Our web and SharePoint team have created numerous applications that streamline business processes including an HR Tracking system, publications approval system, travel request system and automating website search functions and EHE reporting.